Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Weigh in - Week 2





It's week two & already I've had a disappointment. While the scale did not show a weight gain - it also didn't show a loss. Stupid little needle didn't even budge a millimeter. (Brat.) I suppose I should be happy about the three pounds from last week. Doesn't weight loss feel like such a looooong process though... & I have the attention span of a long lived fruit fly.  Thankfully I have a Heavenly Father Who encourages me daily.  Today I read:

Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies. Many, O Lord my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered. (Psalms 40:4, 5 KJV)

We human beings can be such idiots. We always forget that God is looking out for us. He created our bodies, so He's obviously aware of our needs. Why do I put so much thought & effort into trying to lose 3,500 calories every week?  That's not my job. God knows what He's doing when it comes to our daily care. It's my job to be a good steward of what He's given me. To that end, & with His help, I want to eat right & exercise.  But from now on - I think I'll leave the results up to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment