Friday, January 10, 2014

Quick & Easy Lemon Chicken

One thing I love is a nice grilled chicken sandwich. I like for my chicken to be moist & tender on the inside while having that salty smoky char on the outside. Now I have told Dad he can't buy any food at a restaurant that serves beverages in a paper cup. (Not because one can't eat healthy at a fast food restaurant but because my dad can't eat healthy in a fast food restaurant.) So no driving through Wendy's for me when that craving for a delicious chicken sandwich hits. Thankfully, I've got this nifty recipe that gives me a delicious grilled chicken in under 10  minutes. 



Take a boneless skinless chicken breast. If it's too thick, you might want to pound it out a little. I usually put it in a plastic bag & hit it with a fat rolling pin till it's skinny enough to cook through or until I've released all the stress of my day.

Rub the chicken with extra virgin olive oil & lemon juice.

Put on a hot George Foreman grill & cook for 4 minutes. Turn the meat to be perpendicular from the way it was originally placed on the grill & cook an additional 4 minutes. (By changing the angle you make the pretty char marks on it.

Depending on the size of the chicken breast you may need to adjust the cooking time.

This is an easy low calorie chicken that had a delicious flavor. It doesn't really taste lemon-y. It does have a good balance of salt & smoky.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment