Thursday, January 16, 2014

Preparing for Next Week's Weigh-In...




My friend Jenny & I were talking this last week about things we are able to do on our own & what God can accomplish through us when we simply get out of His way. She has a problem giving up Coke. She has been able to accomplish an entire myriad of near impossible things in her life, but can't break the habit of  drinking soda. I have a similar issue except instead of Coke with me, it's Diet Mountain Dew (or as I call it - the precious nectar.) It's so good that I keep going back to it. I just can't help it.  And don't we all have some unhealthy habit that we know we need to break but just can't seem to do it? She explained it this way. All those nearly impossible feats - that's God's doing. The coke - that's Jenny.

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. (John 15:5 KJV)

Without Jesus, we can do nothing. Nothing is a pretty inclusive word. Literally - I can't work, speak, think, or breathe without Jesus. So why in the world do I think I can lose weight on my own?

This week I'm going to try things a little differently. I'm going to  truly leave the results up to God. I'm not going to record a single calorie (I'll still carb count - I have diabetes.) I'm not going to put so much as a toenail not the scale. I'm going to pray every day to ask the LORD to help me fuel the body He has given me for His glory. Then we'll see what happens when I get out of God's way...

Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows. (Matthew 10:29-31 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment