Monday, January 20, 2014

The Munchies - the Clean Eating Way

Who doesn't get the munchies?  I know I do.  I love potato chips, hot fudge sundaes, and some days, I just want a flaming hot funyun. Hmm, I'm starting to get hungry.  Well, there isn't a lot of clean eating options for a good case of the munchies - or so one would think.  Actually, if you're just a little bit creative you'll be surprised what you can come up with.

What I've created here is a cheat sheet of snack ideas.  Sorry, but since I mostly make snacks for myself, the variety here is limited to my own tastes.


 
Barbeque chips
Kale chips, seasoned with extra virgin olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, sea salt, & coconut sugar.
Flaming hot Cheetos
chickpeas, seasoned with extra virgin olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, sea salt, coconut sugar, and ground red pepper
Reese cups
There is NO SUBSTITUTE for Reese cups!!  However, if you eat clean long enough, you’ll find they taste overly sweet. 
So, to get that chocolate & nut fix – try cashews drizzled with very dark chocolate.
Chocolate chip cookies
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES J  Check out my post with a clean chocolate chip cookie recipe.
French fries
Sweet potato fries – cut up sweet potatoes into matchstick size fries, and season with extra virgin olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder, and sea salt.
Cheese & crackers
Just eat cheese & crackers.  But instead of a buttery club cracker or Ritz, try Kashi 7 grain with a low fat cream cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment