Thursday, January 2, 2014

Clean Carmelized Bananas

Day Two of Clean Eating in 2014, and you know what I'm ready for... DESSERT!!  I'm not kidding.  It takes about 24 - 36 hours for my sweettooth to feel neglected.  I work a 8:00-5:00 job, and that means when I get home in the evening - I'm tired and often don't feel like cooking - let alone making dessert.  This would most often be the moment when a ready made Hershey chocolate pie sounds good.  But I won't give up that easily!!  By clean eating, I'm teaching my taste buds to appreciate natural sugars instead of my much beloved uber refined, Hershey calorie bomb.  So here is what I did tonight.  It's quick and easy - and tastes great.

2 ripe bananas
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tbsp


1. Preheat the oven to 425 & line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut the bananas in half lengthwise, and lay flat side up on the cookie sheet.
3. Mix together olive oil and vanilla extract, and brush onto the bananas.
4. Sprinkle the bananas with sucanat.
5. Roast for 5 to 10 minutes, till bananas look golden.
Enjoy!!


Serves 2, approx. 141 calories per serving

No comments:

Post a Comment