Saturday, January 4, 2014

Clean & Lean 3 Pepper Omelette

Lazy Saturday - I'm ready for it! I slept in - woke up hungry, lazy, and moody. I want some comfort food!! Oh, and drinkable calories. Normally I say NEVER drink your calories. It's a good rule. A healthy rule. & today I'm breaking it.
 I want a gianormous omelette. As big as my plate.



Three Pepper Omelette

2 egg whites
1 egg
3 drops hot sauce
1 tsp light sour cream
1 tbsp skim milk
Dash of paprika
Salt & pepper as desired
Onion
Green pepper
Red pepper
Yellow pepper
1 tsp grated cheese (Parmesan, Asiago, or Romano are all good)
Olive oil cooking spray

1. Spray a small skillet with cooking spray. If you have a skillet that can go in the oven as well - use that.
2. Whisk together in a bowl egg & egg whites, hot sauce, sour cream, milk, paprika, salt & pepper until well beaten & a little bit frothy. Add the spinach & whisk till blended.
3. Heat the skillet for a minute over medium heat, then add the egg mixture. Let this cook for a minute or two and then some diced onions and the different peppers.
4. Let cook for another minute or two, then sprinkle with the cheese.


5. Transfer to the oven & broil till finished.

As I said before this is a lazy Saturday, so I buy onion & three pepper blend bags in the frozen vegetable department. That way I can grab that (& frozen chopped spinach) right out of the freezer. I just pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds to thaw it out. This enables me to wimp out of cleaning & dicing vegetables.

This is about 220 calories.

I also fresh squeezed some grapefruit juice.


No comments:

Post a Comment