Tuesday, February 11, 2014

No Weigh In This Week

This blogger is taking a break from weighing-in, calorie counting, etc. I'm also taking a break from P90X & Insanity. This April will mark the 18th anniversary of my diabetes diagnosis. So far, I've been extremely blessed to have avoided most of the long term complications associated with Type 1 diabetes, but time may have caught up with me. 
Last week while doing a high intensity workout, I noticed that my fingernails had turned blue.  I've had diabetes so long that my medical team wants to make sure that there is no damage in my heart before I can do an intensive workout again. I had a lung test & EKG. My doctor will consult with a cardiologist to see what happens next. Unfortunately in women, there isn't the typical symptoms of heart conditions, so we don't want to do just typical tests. 
Hopefully I will hear back soon, with news that I just worked a little too hard for a heart that's had diabetes for nearly 18 years, & to take it a little easier in future. If there is a problem I have confidence in my medical team that they'll find it. But mostly I'm confident that the LORD Who made me is in control. Nothing is outside of His power. 

1 comment: