Friday, July 22, 2016

Super Fast Super Loaded Nachos


These were fun and delicious but more imprtantly - fast. I'd just come home from shopping,  barely put cold foods away,  & my kitchen was still messy from breakfast. Not the best environment for cooking. Plus it was hot,  I was tired & running late anyway. So IF I weren't clean eating, I might like a nice order of nachos bell grande (or something similar). Thankfully,  I can do that pretty quickly & inexpensively,  all while staying under the clean eating banner.

The flavor profile I'm looking for here is salty,  spicy,  creamy,  hearty,  & fresh.

So first I make my own chips,  which is easy & takes about 5 minutes to prepare.

1. Preheat the oven to 425°.
2. Take a sprouted grain tortilla (I buy Ezekiel brand on sale and keep them in the freezer.)and use a pizza cutter to cut into chips.
3. Lay chips on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with lemon juice and 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil on each side. Sprinkle with garlic powder,  onion powder,  paprika & kosher salt to taste.
They should only take 10-15 minutes to cook. So while the chips are finishing make your toppings.

Salsa:
Combine together 1 can of diced tomatoes with chilis (drained), 4-5 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped, & 1/2 medium yellow onion diced.

Build your nachos by using black beans (I was in a hurry so I took a can from the pantry, drained it, and threw 1/2 c serving onto the plate), salsa, fresh diced avocado (healthy creamy fat! Yum!!) And topped it with two big tablespoons of 2% plain greek yogurt.


My tortilla chips are salty & spicy. My avocado & greek yogurt and creamy and decadent. The beans are hearty, and my salsa is fresh and flavorful.

400 calorie Nacho dinner ready in 20 minutes. Score!!


No comments:

Post a Comment